On the 7th July the RCPCH are hosting an event to promote ‘real life’ quality improvement. You will have the change to take part in a virtual quality improvement exercise and pitch quality improvement ideas in a Dragon’s Den Event. There will be patient experience and parent perspectives as well.
Delegates will leave the conference with an understanding on:
- how to introduce concepts of patient safety and QI in paediatrics and child health with a multidisciplinary, patient-centred focus
- putting patient safety in paediatrics and child health in context with quality improvement
- putting together a team and starting a QI project with a focus on improving patient safety
- working with colleagues to create an aligned, patient-safety focussed QI structure, in line with the RCPCH QI Strategic Framework.
The conference will also provide delegates with an opportunity to learn about a number of local, regional and national quality improvement projects.
Delegates will hear from leading speakers in paediatric health QI, plus enjoy a choice of workshops, including:
- Medication safety
- Situation awareness
- Engaging patients/families in improving care
- Foundations of QI
- Human factors in patient safety.
The conference also provides an opportunity for delegates to enter the Safer In Our Hands poster competition. Submitted posters should demonstrate locally developed and implemented quality improvement projects that have resulted in demonstrable improvements in safety.
Delegates wishing to enter a poster for the conference competition should submit an abstract to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 13 June, and successful delegates will be notified by the end of that week if they have been successful.
Book via the RCPCH website